Wedding music soundtrack to your special day!
To make your wedding video as personal to you as possible it’s highly recommended to pick wedding music that is special to you. I can pick a selection of the current ‘hot wedding hit songs’. Ideally, however, if you can pick some of your own favourites it will enrich the production so much.
Here I will highlight a few of the current most popular wedding video songs and also a few ideas which may help.
For most wedding DVDs we use around 10 tracks of audio but picking an extra few ‘subs’ is not a bad idea!
Wedding Video Music ideas
- The first song you danced to as a couple, or when you met, could be a great memory to incorporate to the video
- Both your favourite songs can be a great way to personalise the video
- Songs you would dance to – being Donegal Country and Western and the popular jive songs make an odd appearance!
- Express yourself – if you love rock or pop or classical – it’s the video of your day so don’t be afraid to pick your favourites
Popular choices in 2014
- The number one pick for 2014 has to be “All of me” by John Legend. It’s perfect for your first dance or the video and indeed Legend performed it for his wife on their wedding! Great wedding lyrics and nice tune. http://youtu.be/450p7goxZqg
- No one’s gonna love you by Band of Horses – http://youtu.be/fBiuQlW9tR4
- “Safe and sound” by Capital cities. Another popular choice for 2014. http://youtu.be/47dtFZ8CFo8
- Ellie Goulding – Your song – great cover of a classic love song. http://youtu.be/D9AFMVMl9qE
- “Happy” by Pharell Williams – It’s been everywhere this year, the song of 2014 – Pharrell Williams – Happy (Official Music Video) – YouTube
- Ho Hey bu the Lumineers. http://youtu.be/zvCBSSwgtg4
- Marry You by Bruno Mars http://youtu.be/Ykgxgmd0moM
- Everlong by the Foo Fighters. If you keep a little more rock on your iPod this might be for you! http://youtu.be/eBG7P-K-r1Y
- Nothing Else Matters – Metallica: Foo Fighters too chilled for you? this is for you! http://youtu.be/Tj75Arhq5ho
- You’ve got the Love – Florence + The Machine: Great vocals and catchy sound from Florence http://youtu.be/PQZhN65vq9E
Hard to beat the old reliables! Greatest Day, Cant take my eyes of you, She’s a rainbow, Love her madly, Feels like the first time, Crazy little thing called love, It must be love, How sweet it is, Hallelujah, The power of Love, Eternal flame, God only knows, Can you feel the love, Can’t help falling in love with you – all feature strongly.
What’s going to be the top choices for next year??? I’ll put up a post soon with what I think will be the top choices of Brides and Grooms in 2015.